05 January, 2009

Ugh...Freewebs

Well, Freewebs updated it's blogs, so now all my old entries are practically unformatted. No matter. I'm starting to redo this whole 'Site-based thing.' What I mean is, I have a reason to write now.

First post of the New Year by the way. Happy New Year.

My reason? Did you know how easy it is to get a book published, or even self-publish it? No? Well, you should. Anyway, that'll happen to me someday. If I keep at it.

So I picked up my old NaNoWriMo 2008 that I failed during christmas break. I wrote 2000 words! That's about 2.5 pages, guys. So I'm happy I can get that going again; I'll need to re-read and edit it eventually, but I am determined to get the story down.

While I might not publish this one (I am quite sure I wont) it will help me in the long-run. As a portfolio show-off or something. Plus it will go on this site for free if it is not published.
I'll tell you a story:

Long ago there was a little boy with a broken Playstation 2. What's this? A way to fix your playstation if it is not reading your discs? Only two dollars on E-bay? Okay! Downloading. And the little boy's playstation was fixed.

Yes, this happened to me; only my dad downloaded it, and found out about it, there WAS a guide available via E-bay for around two bucks to fix your Playstation. It told you how to take it apart and everything. I think you can get it on Youtube now. Anyway, that guy got some money for figuring something out.

1) he figured out how to fix a playstation and
2) he figured out that he could write for money.

This will go good in my 'future options' thingy. The one in my brain.

I also learned a lot of HTML this weekend. I plan to learn more sometime, then move on to C++. Java comes next. Programming is a popular thing nowadays. Perhaps I can make an online game someday and gimmick money out of little nerd-boy's parents. I found a game the other day that CHARGED YOU to make your OWN GAME. Pretty ridiculous, but ingenious. The user has to do all the work, minus a little of the harder coding bits (at the webmaster's expense) and they got a game, and he got some money.

Writing, coding, what else? I'll tell you. A regular job. Whatever it may be. I'm thinking military, but I will go along with the Film industry. Hope you don't hate Hollywood. I hate some of the more stoopid ones. Beverly Hills Chiauha, I'm talking to you!

Sounds like a lot of fun to me. Fun work. But is that possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment